About the Award
PURPOSE: To recognize an outstanding employee with the following attributes:
1. Nominee is productive, exhibits commitment to quality in carrying out job responsibilities and is an asset to the staff of his/her department.
2. Nominee is willing to take initiative and accepts and carries out additional responsibilities beyond regular job assignments.
3. Nominee is consistently dependable and punctual in reporting for duty, completing assignments on time, and participating in additional responsibilities.
4. Nominee portrays a positive attitude toward work responsibilities, co-workers, and customers and serves as a role model for others.
5. Nominee exhibits exemplary service in daily work of the individual and notable contribution to a department or university project.
6. Nominee excels in knowledge and expertise in his/her department.
7. Nominee exhibits a willingness to work in a team setting within and/or outside of his/her assigned department.
CRITERIA FOR NOMINATION: 1. Nominee must be a permanent full-time employee assigned to work at the ARDC for six months or more at time of nomination.
2. Must be in good standing with the University of Nebraska
3. Employees can only receive the ARDC Employee of the Year Award once - even if they change jobs while working at the center. (See previous recipients at http://ardc.unl.edu/EOY)
SELECTION PROCESS: 1. The award recipient will be determined via a four-part selection process as described below.
· Nominations must be made by any full-time employee assigned to work at the ARDC. If an employee was employed at the ARDC during the same calendar year of the nomination and has moved to a different position within the University and has left their ARDC appointment in good standing, they may nominate a fellow employee at the ARDC for the award, but cannot be considered as a recipient. All nominations MUST be submitted on the nomination/scoring form to the the Social Benefits Committee or via the web form (http://ardc.unl.edu/EOY.shtml) by the date specified by the social committee. Only signed forms will be accepted and reviewed. An electronic signature is acceptable when utilizing the online form or the electronic PDF form.
· The Social Committee then sends a nomination/scoring form to the nominee's supervisor, along with a copy (copies) of the actual nomination/scoring form(s). The supervisor has one month to return the nomination/scoring form. If no response is received from the supervisor, the candidate receives a zero score in this category.
· A list of the nominees is sent to all staff at the ARDC, Nebraska Extension in Saunders County, Southeast Research and Extension Center, and Greater Nebraska Business Center employees with appointments or full-time duties at the ARDC. At that time each employee has the option to evaluate each candidate using the nomination/scoring form. Each employee evaluates only the candidates they choose to.
· The Social Committee will review all nomination materials and individually score candidates in written form and will tally the totals to determine the winner.
2. The scoring system will consist of: - 50% nomination/scoring average by employees - 25% nomination/scoring by supervisor - 25% scoring by Social Committee
3. The winning nominee is selected based on the total combined score.
4. In the event of a tie, the Social Committee will carefully examine supporting comments and examples to determine the winner.
AWARD: 1. The award is given annually to one recipient
2. The award will be presented at the post holiday gathering which traditionally is held on the 2nd Thursday of January.
3. Incentives are solicited by the Social Committee and may vary from year to year. The following will be included annually, regardless of solicitation.
· Framed certificate· Picture and nomination posted on ARDC web site· Article & photo in ARDC Today newsletter. A news release will also be submitted to local newspapers.· A plaque recognizing recipients that is permanently displayed in the ARDC August N. Christenson Research and Education Building.· Additonal prizes vary from year to year based on donations from local businesses, etc. obtained by the Social Committee.
- DECEMBER 12 - Nomination Forms are due.
- JANUARY 13 - Employee scoring form are due from each Unit.
- JANUARY 13 - Supervisor scoring sheets for nominees are due.
- JANUARY 19 - Post Holiday Party - Award announced.
CLICK HERE to download the PDF printable version of the nomination form. (The PDF can be printed off or downloaded into Adobe Acrobat and used as an editable form. Please note numerical ranking choices in the comment areas of the form.)
CLICK HERE to complete for the online nomination form.
(If a PDF form from a previous year loads, please refresh your browser to get the most current version.)