Official Rules and Regulations
2012 SMFD BIODIESEL GIVEAWAY —
NEBRASKA SOYBEAN BOARD OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
No purchase necessary to enter. Purchase will not increase your chance of winning.
1. Overview. There will be two (2) drawings conducted at each of the four (4) Soybean Management Field Days ("SMFDs") held in the State of Nebraska on August 14, 15, 16 and 17. Of the two (2) drawings conducted at each SMFD, one will be for entries of repeat attendees responsible for registering new soybean producer attendees ("Repeat Attendees") and one will be for new soybean producer attendees ("New Producer Attendees"). A Repeat Attendee is an attendee at a 2012 SMFD who has previously attended an SMFD and who is responsible for the registration and attendance of a soybean producer at a 2012 SMFD who has not previously attended an SMFD. A New Producer Attendee is a soybean producer attending a 2012 SMFD who has not previously attended an SMFD.
2. How to Enter. Entries are automatically entered into the respective giveaway drawing upon registration at any of the 2012 SMFDs. Each Repeat Attendee will receive one entry for each New Producer Attendee for which Repeat Attendee is responsible for New Producer Attendee's registration and attendance at the specific 2012 SMFD. Each New Producer Attendee will receive one entry at the specific 2012 SMFD at which New Producer Attendee registers and attends and is limited to one entry for all 2012 SMFDs combined. Incomplete or intentionally false entries will be disqualified. Entries become property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete or incorrect entry forms.
3. Eligibility. Eligible entrants must be U.S. residents 18 years of age or older and possessing Nebraska-state-issued identification. New Producer Attendees must be active soybean producers in the State of Nebraska to be eligible for the giveaway drawing. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of the Nebraska Soybean Board, the United Soybean Board, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and their respective affiliates or subsidiaries, and the immediate families of each are ineligible. Giveaway is void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal laws apply.
4. Odds. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
5. Drawing/Winner/Prize. At each 2012 SMFD, as determined by Sponsor, one (1) winner will be selected from a random drawing of entries of Repeat Attendees and one (1) winner will be selected from a random drawing of entries of New Producer Attendees. All decisions made by Sponsor will be final on all matters relating to this giveaway. Individuals entered need not be present at the drawing to be a win but must be present and attending the specific SMFD for which the entry(ies) were received. Each winner will receive three hundred (300) gallons of biodiesel/biodiesel blend to be provided by a participating fuel distributor, provided such distributor supplies a minimum biodiesel blend of B5 (5 percent biodiesel blended with 95 percent petroleum diesel). The estimated retail value of each prize is approximately $1200.00 and the total value of all prizes is approximately $9,600.00, depending on the retail price of biodiesel/biodiesel blend at time of redemption. Winners for each of the eight (8) drawings will be notified by phone and mail within ten (10) days of the final day of 2012 SMFD events. If a potential winner does not respond to prize notification within five (5) days, or is found to be ineligible for any reason, Sponsor will consider such potential prize winner to have forfeited the prize and will select an alternate winner from the pool of eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for any reason including, without limitation, if that entrant has not complied with these Official Rules or interferes, in Sponsor's sole opinion, with the proper conduct of the giveaway. Subject to proper verification and approval, each winner will be notified and provided information about how to redeem the prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her Social Security number and may be required to execute a certificate of eligibility and liability release and a publicity release. Failure to complete such documents if and when requested may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All costs or expenses not expressly included herein in connection with the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from the biodiesel facility to redeem the prize and other incidental costs), and all federal, state, and local taxes, will be the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer or assignment of any prize (or portion thereof) by the winners is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Conditions. Each entrant by participating in this giveaway agrees: (1) to be bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; (2) that he or she shall accept delivery of the prize based upon availability; (3) that Sponsor, any entity working for or on behalf of Sponsor, the United Soybean Board and the University of Nebraska - Lincoln, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives, are responsible or liable for any claim, injury, loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including, without limitation, property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this giveaway, any prize-related activities, or the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize (including, but not limited to, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery); (4) that, except where prohibited by law, entry or acceptance of the prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use the winner's name, voice, likeness, photograph, address (city and state), biographical information, prize information (including, without limitation, photograph of prize winner) and/or statements about the giveaway for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes for this or similar promotions without additional compensation; (5) that acceptance of the prize constitutes a waiver of any claim to royalties, rights or remuneration for said use; and (6) that the United States law shall apply exclusively to the giveaway and that any dispute with respect to the giveaway shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the state of Nebraska.
7. Sponsor/Winners List. This Giveaway is sponsored by the Nebraska Soybean Board, 3815 Touzalin Avenue, Suite 101, Lincoln, NE 68507. To obtain the names of winners, please write to the Nebraska Soybean Board on or before November 1, 2012.
in Partnership with
2012 SMFD Locations
Maps and Directions for: