About the ARDC
The scope and diversity of ongoing research projects at UNL's Agricultural Research and Development Center (ARDC) near Mead, Nebraska combines to make the site one of the most unique research facilities in the United States. The ARDC is a major research and education facility of the Agricultural Research Division of the University of Nebraska's Institute of Agriculture and Natural Resources (IANR). The size and diversity of the center offers many research and educational opportunities. Through its strategic planning process, IANR has set a course for agricultural research, extension and teaching that will help ensure a financially solid and environmentally sound agricultural future for Nebraska. The ARDC plays a key role in implementing the action plans that support this leadership process. MORE....
Also at the ARDC...
UNL Extension in Saunders County
Located at the ARDC, UNL Extension in Saunders County provides research-based information and programs in agriculture and natural resources, consumer and family economics, community and economic development and 4-H / youth development. MORE....
University of Nebraska researchers are developing top-notch seed varieties to meet today's growers' changing needs. They are developing improved cultivars through innovative breeding technologies. Learn more about Husker Genetics.
Southeast Research and Extension Center
The administrative office for University of Nebraska–Lincoln's Southeast Research and Extension Center is headquartered at the Agricultural Research and Development Center in the August N. Christenson Research and Education Building. The primary mission of the SREC is to provide research-based education programs for people in southeast Nebraska. In addition, the center identifies research needs for the counties in the region, which includes Nebraska's two largest cities. MORE...
- Hunting at the ARDC is only allowed during dates and locations specified on this site. Learn more about hunting dates, policies and maps by visiting the link above. Click here for hunting season 2014-2015 info.
- Learn about the history of the USACE Nebraska Ordnance Plant where the ARDC is currently located and find out about the latest cleanup activities.
Featured Programs and Information
- Aug. 5, 2014 - Pollinator Conservation Workshop - Near Mead, NE - UNL ARDC
- REGISTER TODAY FOR CROP MANAGEMENT DIAGNOSTIC CLINICS!
- - Participate in the Nebraska On-Farm Research Network - Sponsored by UNL Extension, Nebraska Corn Board and Nebraska Corn Growers Association
- Also check out the following...
- - Comprehensive Training site - This site provides details on upcoming crop-related workshops, conferences and other training opportunities.
Learn more about what is going on at the ARDC. Check out the calendars below.
Somewhere Out There
Grab your GPS-enabled device and head to the ARDC or more specifically to N 41° 08.782 W 096° 29.985.
In honor of the ARDC’s 50th anniversary in 2012, a geocache box was hidden. It's still tucked away waiting for the next geocachers to find it. Geocaching brings the outdoors and technology together. Armed with a GPS device and coordinates, participants attempt to find a hidden geocache box, often containing inexpensive tokens. The golden rule of geocaching is to leave something if you take something out of the box. Don't forget to sign the log sheet and leave a note at geocaching.com.
Current Weather Conditions
The weather station is located at the Farm Operations/Facilities Operations shop located at the ARDC.